- Abs and Core
- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
- Increases inner thigh flexibility.
Lateral lunge touchdown and thrust strengthens the legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders. This bodyweight exercise strengthens basic motor patterns and provides a great conditioning workout. Alternating legs provides a balanced, full-body workout. Lateral lunge touchdown and thrust is a perfect for drill for basketball players due to the side-to-side movement and upper-body component. Use a medicine ball for added resistance.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- Step one foot out to the side about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- While descending, drop your shoulders forward, reach your hands to the ground.
- Then push back to the start position while thrusting your hands overhead.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Not keeping the feet flat on the ground.
- Not allowing the shoulders to drop and the back to round forward while reaching down.