- Abs and Core
- Shoulder and upper back strength.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Rotational strength.
The Lateral Lunging Cross Body Muscle Snatch is a great exercise to enhance coordination. It uses most of the muscles in your body and teaches them to work together in the most efficient manner. This is a great exercise for beginners to get their body moving in different directions.
- Start with a dumbbell in your right hand, feet shoulder width apart.
- Lunge laterally to the left.
- Reach across your body and touch the dumbbell to the ground.
- Using your legs to start the movement and then “muscle” the dumbbell overhead while moving your legs back to the start position.
- After the prescribed number of reps, repeat on the left side.
- Catching the dumbbell too wide.
- Letting your head drop down.