- Hamstrings strength
The leg curl exercise is an isolation movement for the hamstrings. If the hamstrings are not strengthened along with the quadriceps (front of the thigh) imbalances may result and lead to injuries. It is recommended that the hamstrings are strengthened and stretched as part of a comprehensive lower-body workout routine. The hamstrings add shape to the thighs and butt.
- Lie on your stomach so that the leg pad rests over the lower part of your calves.
- Holding onto the handles for bracing, bend your knees to pull the rest pad toward your back.
- Once your legs are fully bent, squeeze the back of your thighs.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Elevating the hips off the bench
- Jerky pulling motion