- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The leg tucked band crunch strengthens the abdominals and obliques. The resistance band makes flexion of the spine more difficult, therefore increasing the difficulty of the exercise. Depending on your goals – choose a lighter band for muscular endurance or a heavier band for muscular strength. The leg-tucked position decreases the hip flexor involvement.
- Lie on your back with your legs tucked up, feet off the floor.
- Stretch the band through the armpits and hold it on the chest.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Pulling the band up with the hands instead of with the shoulders