- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength.
The leg up PowerBlock crunch position the legs perpendicular to the torso and strengthen the abdominals and obliques. The leg-up position challenges the transverse abdominus, the biggest stabilizer of the spine. The dumbbell makes flexion of the spine more difficult, therefore increasing the difficulty of the exercise. Depending on your goals – choose a lighter dumbbell for muscular endurance or a heavier one for muscular strength.
- Lie on your back and raise both legs straight up in the air.
- Hold the dumbbell at your chest, close to the chin.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up.
- Holding the dumbbell too low toward the stomach.