- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The low-bolster crunch strengthens the abdominals and obliques. The bolster helps relax the hip flexors which assist the abs in flexing the trunk. Use of the bolster also recruits stabilizers to help overcome the balance demands of the exercise.
- Lie on your back and place a small rolled-up towel under the top of your hips.
- Place your feet flat on the floor about 12 inches apart and your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, push your hips into the rolled-up towel and roll your upper back off the ground.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Yanking the head up with the hands