- Deltoid strength (emphasis: rear head)
- Upper back
The lying reverse cable fly targets the rear-deltoids and upper back muscles. This is a classic bodybuilding exercise for “filling out” the shoulders. Using the bench removes the stabilization demand normally placed on the hip and core muscles. The cable column provides more tension for the shoulders than dumbbells. Squeeze at the top for a peak-contraction.
- Place a bench between two cable columns and lie on your stomach on the bench.
- Hold the cable-handles in the opposite hands.
- Pull the handles out and up until they are level with the shoulders.
- Return slowly to the ground.
- Cocking the head back
- Arms coming up and back too close to the torso instead of straight out to the sides