- Rhomboideus strength (muscles between the shoulder blades)
- Shoulder blade mobility
Lying scapular retraction strengthen the rhomboids (muscles between the shoulder blades). This exercise will stretch your chest and shoulders and strengthen the muscles of the upper back. Perform this exercise after work or at the end of your workout.
- Lie on your stomach with your arms to the sides and bent to 90 degrees.
- Keep your forehead on the ground and your neck long.
- Pull the shoulder blades together behind you, allowing your arms to rise off the ground.
- Slowly return to the start position.
- Not pulling the shoulder blades together
- Cocking the head back