- Triceps strength
The lying triceps extension (skull crushers) is a great exercise for building strength and size in the upper arms. This exercise works all three heads of the triceps brachii (medial, lateral, long). Use dumbbells for reduced load on the wrists and an increased range of motion.
- Lie on your back on a bench and hold the dumbbells over your chest with straight arms.
- Bend the elbows and lower the dumbbells toward the top of your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows pointed to the ceiling.
- Return the dumbbells to the top by straightening your arms.
- Allowing the elbows to swing forward or backward
- Not bending the elbows to at least 90 degrees
- Not extending the elbows straight