- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
- Hip strength
- Trunk strength
The narrow stance dumbbell squat only requires a set of dumbbells. Therefore it is a good exercise for people working out at home. For variety you can hold the dumbbells different places; by your sides, on your shoulders or overhead. The narrow stance dumbbell squat is a good way to progress once you have mastered the bodyweight squat.
- With the feet placed directly under the hips (narrow), hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands.
- Slowly descend by bending your hips and knees.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up, and maintain the weight on your heels.
- Keeping the knees in line with the angle of the feet, return to the top.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward
- Tilting the ankles inward