- Abs and Core
- Strengthens upper body.
- Strengthens torso and hips.
- Increases shoulder stabilization.
The pike press performed with the feet elevated is a challenging exercise that builds strength in the arms, shoulders, and torso. With the feet elevated more weight is transferred to the shoulders and arms, making this a good exercise to help you with your hand stand.
- With your feet elevated on a sturdy raised platform, get into a pushup position.
- Walk your hands backwards and lift the hips straight up.
- Keep your knees straight.
- In this position, perform pushups, bringing your forehead to the ground and press back up.
- Repeat for a specified number of reps.
- Rounding the back.
- Bending the knees.