- Brachioradialis (Deep biceps and forearm muscle) strength.
The PowerBlock Alternating Hammer Curl — Seated performed while seated helps build wrist and forearm strength. At the same time this exercise develops the brachioradialis. This exercise is a great way to finish your biceps workout. Replacing the bench with a swiss ball would increase the demand on your core muscles. Therefore you can work your biceps and your abs at the same time.
- Seated on the bench with your torso stabilized, hold the dumbbells like hammers down at your sides.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Starting with one arm, bend the elbow and pull the dumbbell up to the shoulder, and then lower it.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso.
- Leaning back excessively.
- Swinging the body.