- Hips & Buttocks
- Upper-body strength.
- Trunk and hip stability.
The PowerBlock Ball Chest Press is significantly more challenging than the barbell bench press. The ball forces you to stabilize your body while pressing the dumbbells. You are also using you glutes and hamstrings to maintain proper position on the ball. This exercise requires you to focus your attention on using proper technique which helps you get more out of the exercise.
- With the PowerBlocks in your hands, maneuver into a “bridge” position on the stability ball
- Your head, neck and upper back should be balanced on top of the ball.
- Keep your feet firmly on the ground and your hips up straight.
- Start with the dumbbells up, arms straight.
- Slowly lower the weights to the sides of your chest, bending at the elbows.
- Then return them to the top.
- Dropping the hips.
- Twisting the torso.