- Chest strength.
- Front deltoid strength.
- Triceps strength.
The PowerBlock bench press is an alternative to the barbell bench press. You will not be able to use as much weight as the traditional bench press because it is harder to control the dumbbells. Variety is the key to breaking through plateaus. Using dumbbells, like the dumbbell bench press, is a great way to add variety to your routine.
- Lying on a bench with your feet firmly on the ground, hold the PowerBlock dumbbells directly over the chest, arms straight.
- Keep your chest up at all time, and allow the lower back to maintain a natural arch (not excessive).
- Lower the weights to the sides until they are level with the top of the chest.
- Press them back up to straight arms, preventing them from touching at the top.
- Over-arching the lower back.
- Lifting the hips off the bench.
- Pushing the head back against the bench.