- Chest strength.
- Front deltoid strength.
- Triceps strength.
The PowerBlock Decline Bench Press strengthens the lower chest muscles and anterior shoulder muscles. This is a challenging exercise and should be performed with a spotter for safety. It is common for the decline bench press to be included in bodybuilding routines as a means to develop a symmetrical chest.
- Lying on a declined bench, feet braced firmly, hold the dumbbells with straight arms toward the ceiling.
- Keep your chest up at all time, and allow the lower back to maintain a natural arch (not excessive).
- Lower the dumbbells to the sides until they are level with the top of the chest.
- Press them back up to straight arms, preventing them from touching at the top.
- Over-arching the lower back.
- Lifting the hips off the bench.
- Pushing the head back against the bench.