- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength.
- Hip strength.
The PowerBLock reverse lunge targets the quadriceps and glutes. The adductors on the stationary leg also assist in the lunge. This exercise is a variation of the forward lunge and can be a great way to introduce more variety into your workout routine. Keep your chest upright and your eyes focused forward to assist your balance. Select a pair of dumbbells that are challenging, but do not negatively affect your technique.
- Immediately bend the knees and descend onto the front leg, allowing the back knee to come close to the ground.
- With the dumbbells in your hands, step one foot backward about 18-24 inches.
- Keep the weight on the front heel and maintain a straight torso.
- Push back up with the back foot and return to the standing position, repeat with the opposite side.
- The heel of the front foot coming off the ground.
- Putting too much weight on the back leg, instead of keeping most of the weight on the front leg.
- Rounding the back.
- Leaning the torso forward.