- Deltoid strength.
- Triceps strength.
The PowerBlock shoulder press performed while standing strengthens the anterior shoulders, triceps, and upper chest. The standing position requires your core muscles and hips to stabilize your upper-body as you press the weight overhead. This exercise is good for developing strong, well-defined shoulder muscles. You can use dumbbells in place of a barbell to add variety to your training and to further isolate the shoulder muscles.
- Standing tall, hold the dumbbells in your hands at shoulder level, palms forward.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up at all time.
- Press the dumbbells straight up until your arms are straight and the elbows are in line with your ears.
- Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder level.
- Excessive arching of the back.
- Pressing the dumbbells too far in front of the head, instead of directly overhead.