- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength.
- Glute strength.
The PowerBlock step up targets the glutes and thighs. Step ups are a functional movement which transfers well to everyday life. So while you are building great looking legs you are also preparing you body to handle the stress of everyday life. If your goal is to build lean, shapely legs, select a moderate resistance and if your goal is to develop additional muscle select heavier dumbbells.
- Facing a low step-box and holding dumbbells in your hands, step one foot up onto the box.
- Lift yourself until both feet are on the box.
- With the same foot you started with, step down carefully and lower yourself onto the floor again.
- Rounding the back.
- Leaning the torso forward excessively.
- Tilting the top knee to one side.