- Latissimus dorsi (upper back muscles) strength.
- Biceps strength.
The Pulldown w/Handles build strength and definition in the upper back muscles. Pulldowns are an appropriate substitute for beginners who can’t perform pull-ups or chin-ups. The pulldown activates the latissimus dorsi muscle which provides the sought after “V” taper bodybuilders desire most.
- Set doors wide, adjust bench to flat position, swivel pulleys to a highest position and set resistance.
- Grasp handles with palms facing out and sit on bench facing into machine.
- Slightly retract shoulder blades and pull handles inward to top of chest; slowly return handles to start position and repeat.
- Pulling the elbows too far behind the body instead of straight back and down.
- Leaning back excessively.
- Shrugging the shoulders up as you pull down.