- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Upper-body strength
- Trunk, hip and leg stability
The push up is a great upper body and core strength exercise. It does not require any equipment and it can be done anywhere. The push up is a favorite of many military exercise program. Even if you aren’t in the military the push up is a great exercise for over all fitness and conditioning.
- In a pushup position, balance on your hands and feet, with feet seperated wide.
- Keep your head, neck, and body aligned in a straight.
- Lower yourself as far as you can by bending your arms.
- Push back up to the top.
- Dropping the head
- Letting the body sag, especially the low back
- Holding the hips up too high