- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Upper Body
- Tests chest strength
- Tests shoulder strength
- Tests arm strength
- Tests trunk strength and stability
The push up test is a way to test chest, shoulder, arm and core strength. To start, balance on your hands and knees with your body straight. The goal is to do as many as you can in one minute. Tests like this are a good way to see how fit you are now. When you do it again in the future it will show you how much progress you have made.
- In a pushup position, balance on your hands and knees.
- Keep your head, neck, and body aligned in a straight line.
- Lower yourself as far as you can by bending your arms.
- Push back up to the top.
- Dropping the head
- Letting the body sag, especially the low back
- Holding the hips up too high