- Knee flexibility
The quad stand is a great stretch for your quads (the front of your thigh). It is a good cool down exercise after a lower body workout or running. Stretching your quads will increase the flexibility in your knees and allow you move better. As with all other stretching exercises the quad stand should be done after a thorough warm up.
- Standing, hold on to something stable with one hand
- With the other hand, pull the opposite foot up and back
- Keep your back and hips straight
- Make sure you pull the stretched knee behind yourself
- Letting the knee move forward
- Excessively arching the low back