- Triceps strength
The rope tricep press-down is a good exercise for developing the triceps. The triceps are an essential part of all upper body pressing exercises. Strengthening your triceps will improve your bench press, military press and push ups. This exercise will help you tone where it is hard to tone.
- Stand in front of a cable column.
- Hold onto the ends of the attached rope handles.
- Keeping your chest up and your elbows braced against your sides, extend the elbows until your arms are straight.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
- Allowing the elbows to swing forward or backward
- Shrugging the shoulders
- Not bending the elbows to at least 90 degrees