- Finger strength
The sand bucket finger strengthening exercise is good for hand strength. All you need is a bucket and some sand. If you don’t have sand you can use rice or gravel. For those who don’t have space or don’t want a bucket lying around you can use a stress ball or grippers to get a similar effect.
- Bury your hand in a bucket of sand.
- Close your hand by curling your fingers in against the resistance of sand.
- Then open your hand by straightening the fingers against the resistance of sand.
- Repeat with the other hand, if indicated.
- Not going through a full range of motion with the fingers