- Abs and Core
- Stretches front of torso
- Stretches back
The seated back stretch is essential for every office worker. All you need is a chair so there is no reason not to perform it. The seated back stretch will help relieve tension in your low back and help you feel better. While this is a gentle stretch it is still best to warm up before stretching.
- Seated on a chair, place your feet firmly on the ground about 18 inches apart.
- Let both arms hang straight down.
- Slowly reach your hands straight down.
- Carefully lower your head and reach your hands toward the rear.
- Cocking the head back only
- Bending back only from one section of the spine (instead of the entire length of the spine)
- Keeping the head elevated