- Shoulder strength.
- Triceps strength.
- Chest strength.
The seated dip exercise is a compound movement for strengthening the shoulders and triceps. Dips performed on a machine are a good substitute for body-weight dips.
- Sit on a bench with the chest upright and spine neutral.
- Grasp the handles with the palms facing the body.
- Push the handles down.
- Pause at the bottom.
- Return the handles to the starting position.
- Repeat movement for recommended number of reps.
- Using momentum.
- Slamming the weight stack.