- Stretches wrist and forearm muscles
The seated forearm extensor stretch stretches the muscles of the wrist and forearm. Wrist flexibility is very important in aikido and other activities where the wrist could be bent and injured. The seated forearm extensor stretch can be performed anywhere.
- With your right arm in front of you and the elbow bent at 90 degrees, turn the palm down.
- Cup the top of the right hand with the left hand.
- Using the left hand, gently press the right hand down so that the palm moves toward the wrist.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Hunching forward
- Elbow not fully locked