- Hamstrings strength
The seated leg curl is a good exercise to strengthen and shape your hamstrings. Most gyms will have the machine required for the exercise. This exercise is good for beginner exercisers. When you perform the seated leg curl make sure that you squeeze as far back as you can.
- Seated with your chest up, place the lower part of your calves over the ankle pad with the legs out in front.
- Brace yourself by holding onto the handles.
- Without moving your back or hips, pull the pad down and back as far as you can.
- Slowly return to the start position.
- Arching the back excessively
- Jerky pulling motion