- Increases range of motion in neck
- Increases range of motion in shoulders
The seated neck and shoulder stretch is a good way to actively stretch your neck and shoulder. This exercise can be done anywhere and it is good for people with limited mobility in their neck or shoulder. The seated neck and shoulder stretch is good for beginner exercisers and people who spend a lot of time sitting at a computer.
- Make a fist with your left hand and then straighten your left arm.
- Slowly swing your left arm straight back and behind your body twice.
- Turn your head to the left for the first swing, and then turn your head to the right for the second swing.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Hunching forward
- Tilting the body to one side