- Deltoid strength (emphasis: front head)
The single arm dumbbell shoulder flexion standing is a good exercise to work the anterior deltoid. Doing one side at a time gets your core involved to stabilize the movement. This exercise can also be done with cables or bands.
- Standing, hold the dumbbell in one hand in front of your thigh, arm straight and palm facing back.
- Keeping your arm straight, lift the dumbbell out in front of you.
- Stop at shoulder height and return the dumbbell to the start position.
- Shrugging the shoulders excessively
- Hunching forward
- Leaning back