- Latissimus dorsi (“Wing” muscles) strength.
- Back strength.
- Deltoid strength.
The single arm PowerBlock row on a ball is a good exercise for your upper back and core. Doing the exercise one arm at a time and on the ball forces your core to work hard to stabilize your body. It also forces you to really focus on the exercise and doesn’t allow you to cheat.
- On a stability ball, lie on your stomach with your Toes placed firmly on the ground.
- Holding a dumbbell in one hand, pull it straight up to the side.
- Keep your elbow out to the side and exhale on the way up.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Cocking the head up.
- Shrugging the shoulders up as you pull the dumbbell.
- Bending the wrists as you pull the dumbbell.