- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Upper-body strength
- Trunk, hip and leg stability
The single arm push up is not for the weak. This exercise challenges your chest, shoulders, triceps, core, and mental toughness. The single arm push up is a favorite of athletes in mixed martial arts (MMA) and wrestling. The single arm action loads the abdominals and hip flexors for stabilization.
- In a pushup position, balance on one arm only
- Keep your head, neck, and body as aligned as possible (it’s more important to be able to balance)
- Lower yourself as far as you can by bending your arm
- Push back up to the top.
- Dropping the head
- Letting the body sag, especially the low back
- Holding the hips up too high