- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases balance awareness
The single leg balance is a good way to increase your balance awareness. It is a good exercise for elderly people or anyone who needs to improve their balance. For added challenge you can try it with your eyes closed or on a wobble board or other unstable surface. This exercise requires no equipment and can be done anywhere.
- Stand with your feet under your hips, and then pick one leg up and balance with the other.
- Keep both hips level and keep the knee of the balancing leg pointed ahead.
- Keep the balancing ankle straight and tall, feeling the balance in this area.
- Pelvis tilting down on one side
- Knee of standing leg collapsing inward
- Ankle of standing leg tilting inward