- Quadriceps (front thigh) strength
The single leg extension is a variation of the traditional leg extension. The only difference is you only use one leg. The reason for using one leg is to correct any imbalances caused by one leg being dominant. The leg extension machine is available at most gyms.
- Sit with your chest up and the leg pad resting over the lower part of your shins.
- Straighten one leg by lifting the leg pad.
- When the knee is fully straightened, squeeze the top of your thigh.
- Return slowly to the bottom position.
- Kicking the leg up too violently
- Not extending all the way