- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The single leg press is a variation of the regular lag press. The leg press machine is available at most gyms. The purpose of only using one leg is to make sure that they are both doing the same amount of work. Make sure the leg you are not using is out of the way in a safe place.
- Lean against the back-rest with your chest up and your back straight.
- Set one foot up on the push plate, in line with the same-sided hip.
- With the foot on the push plate, press so that the leg becomes straighten.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Rounding the lower back
- Top of the hips and lower back coming off the pad
- Locking the knees too fast or too hard