- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The single leg squat is a great exercise for the glutes (butt), thighs and calves. The single leg squat is a challenging, full-body exercise that develops balance, strength and power. This exercise transfers easily to sport and life. The single leg squat will correct muscle imbalances between the legs.
- Keeping the chest up at all time, balance on one leg.
- Lower yourself carefully by bending the hips and knee.
- Keep your weight on the bottom heel and shift your hips back as you squat.
- Keeping the knee tracking straight at all time, return to the top.
- Shifting the hip of the standing leg to the side
- Buckling the knee inward
- Rounding the back