- Hamstrings strength
The single legged lying leg curl strengthens the hamstrings, hip extensors, and gastrocnemius. The single leg action isolates the movement leg to better target the hamstrings. You can perform this exercise to correct muscle imbalances or to build size and definition in the hamstring group.
- Lying on your stomach, place the ankle pads on top of the lower part of your calves.
- Brace yourself by holding onto the handles.
- Without moving your back or hips, pull the pad up toward your hips by bending the knees.
- Slowly return to the start position.
- Lifting the hips off the pad