- Hamstrings strength
The single-legged seated calf raise strengthens the hamstrings and gastrocnemius. The single leg action isolates the movement leg to better target the hamstrings. You can perform this exercise to correct muscle imbalances or to build size and definition in the hamstring group.
- Seated with your chest up, place the lower part of one calf over the ankle pad with the leg out in front.
- Brace yourself by holding onto the handles.
- Without moving your back or hips, pull the pad down and back as far as you can.
- Slowly return to the start position.
- Arching the back excessively
- Jerky pulling motion