- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
Sit-ups are a basic ab exercise that can be performed anywhere. Sit-ups strengthen the hip flexors, obliques and abdominals. To add resistance to your sit-ups you can use a medicine ball, dumbbell, resistance band, stability ball, or raise the sit-up board.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor until you are sitting upright.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Yanking the head up with the hands