- Abs and Core
- Stretches back
- Stretches sides of torso
- Stretches latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscle)
The sitting side bend increases mobility in the trunk and lats. This stretch targets the opposite side you bend with. For example, if you bend to the left side you stretch your right side.
- Seated, clasp your hands behind your head.
- keeping the head back and straight, push both elbows back as far as is comfortable.
- Drop one elbow down tightly against the side of the torso, and gently twist the torso from one side to another.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Only bending forward at the waist