- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases blood flow into legs
The bodyweight squat with arms relaxed is a complete lower-body exercise. The bodyweight squat can be performed anywhere and with little skill. Full squats strengthen the glutes (butt), thighs (quads and hams) and calf muscles. Bodyweight squats can be used as a conditioning exercise if the rest periods are kept to a minimum and the repetitions are high.
- Stand with your feet at hip-width apart.
- Bend your hips and knees and descend as low as possible.
- Keep your feet flat and firmly on the ground.
- Stand back up, keeping your feet flat and firmly on the ground.
- Back rounding
- Knees tilting inward
- Heels coming off the ground