- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The step up and tap exercise develops the glutes, legs, and calves. Step ups are a functional movement that transfers well to sport and life. Bodyweight step ups can be used as a strength and conditioning exercise. Add resistance or increase the height of the step to challenge your body. Step ups can be used as a substitute for lunges or squats.
- Facing a step-box, step one foot up onto the box.
- Lift yourself up by lifting the second foot onto the box, so that both feet are on the box.
- Then step down with the second foot again and then lower the first foot to the ground.
- Rounding the back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively
- Tilting the top knee to one side