- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
Step ups performed on a low step develop the legs, glutes, and calves. Step ups are a functional movement that transfers well to sport and life. Bodyweight step ups can be used as a strength and conditioning exercise. Add resistance or increase the height of the step to challenge your body. Step ups can be used as a substitute for lunges or squats.
- Facing a low step-box, step one foot up onto the box.
- Lift yourself until both feet are on the box.
- With the same foot you started with, step down carefully and lower yourself onto the floor again.
- Rounding the back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively
- Tilting the top knee to one side