- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens midsection.
- Increases power in the upper body and midsection.
Straight-leg sling sit-ups develop power in the core and upper-body. Straight-leg sling sit-ups require more hip flexor strength than the Bent-knee sling sit-ups. Perform this exercise only if you have no back injuries or pain. This is a good exercise for anyone looking to take their ab training to the next level.
- Sit on the floor with your legs in fron of you, knees straight.
- Roll your body back and down, stretching your arms behind your head.
- Then throw your arms up and toward your legs while sitting up.
- Repeat for a specified number of reps.
- Not throwing the arms fast enough to create momentum to assist with sitting up.
- Letting the chin jut out (instead of staying tucked).
- Feet rising from the floor.