- Upper back strength.
- Core strength.
The T-Bar Row is a great exercise for building pulling strength and muscle mass in you upper back, and for developing core strength.
- Place feet shoulder width apart, with the bar between your feet.
- Grip the bar with your both hands.
- Push your butt back and bend forward until your body is roughly parallel to the ground, keeping your back straight.
- Pull the bar into your stomach.
- Lower the bar back down until your arms are straight, and repeat.
- Using your whole body to move the weight.
- Rounding the back.