- Abs and Core
- Stretches back
- Stretches sides of torso
- Stretches latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscle)
The twisting side bend stretches the inner thighs, torso, and lat muscles. This is a good stretch to perform following a lower body workout or between sets. Increase the stretch by reaching your arm overhead.
- Seated on the floor and keeping the knees straight, spread your feet apart as far as they can go.
- Place your left hand to the top of your right thigh, and reach your right arm over your head.
- Lean your trunk to the left, reaching your right arm over to the left side of the body.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Only bending forward at the waist