- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases power in hips and legs.
- Also increases power in torso, shoulders and arms.
The vertical jump with counter movement increases power and explosiveness in the hips, legs, shoulders, and arms. With repeated jumps the body’s cardio-respiratory system is challenged making this an excellent conditioning exercise.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width and raise your hands straight up.
- Dip your legs, drop you hands and pull your elbows back.
- Immediately jump and reach your hands up as high as you can.
- When you land, absorb the impact by bending your legs and dropping your hands.
- Pausing at the bottom of the dip.
- Letting the knees cave in during the landing.
- Landing too hard and abrupt (instead of bending the legs to absorb).