- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips and back.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
Walking lunge touchdown develops full-body fitness. This exercise is functional and practical. Perform the lunge touchdown at home or in the gym. Use the walking lunge touchdown as a dynamic warm-up drill, conditioning exercise, or strength-endurance exercise.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, arms relaxed down in front of you.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- While descending, drop your shoulders forward, reach your hands to the ground.
- Then step forward onto the front leg, straightening your torso.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Not allowing the shoulders to drop and the back to round forward while reaching down.