- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
The walking lunge touchdown and thrust strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders. This exercise challenges your balance, coordination, strength, endurance and conditioning. Perform the walking lunge touchdown and thrust to burn calories and build strength.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- While descending, drop your shoulders forward, reach your hands to the ground.
- Then step forward onto the front leg, thrusting your hands above your head.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Not allowing the shoulders to drop and the back to round forward while reaching down.