- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs and hips.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
Walking lunges develops strong, lean legs. This exercise places emphasis on the glutes (butt). Walking lunges feel more natural than stationary lunges. Hold a pair of dumbbells to add resistance and increase balance. Walking lunges transfer well to sport and life.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width and place your hands on the hips.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- Then step forward onto the front leg, to a standing position.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Rounding or tilting the trunk.